Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is an international standard that specifies the requirements to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a Quality Management System (QMS). Organizations implement this standard to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet and exceed customer satisfaction. This is a world’s leading quality management standard and has been implemented by over one million organizations in over 170 countries globally.
Who should implement ISO 9001?
Any organization, regardless of its type, size, the products and services can implement this standard to meet quality requirements of its customers and other interested parties.
What are the key benefits of ISO 9001 Certification?
• Helps to achieve quality objectives
• Enhances quality performance
• Improves and maintains quality of products and services
• Helps to identify and meet the expectations of interested parties
• Improves efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of processes
• Enhances corporate image and provides competitive advantage to get more clientele
• Reduces cost associated with defects, re-works, rejection, penalties and recalls by doing first time right
• Demonstrates conformance to the requirements of customers, suppliers, regulators and other interested parties
• Engages and motivates staff by implementing best quality practices and establishing quality culture
• Improves internal and external communications for continual improvement
• Sets out framework of responsibility and accountability across the organization and interested parties