ISO 27001 Certification - Information Security Management System
What is ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 certification is an international standard that specifies the requirements to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The information security management system preserves the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information by applying a risk management process and gives confidence to interested parties that risks are adequately managed. It also includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the needs of the organization.
Who should implement ISO 27001
Any organization, regardless of its type or size, or the products and services can implement ISO certification standards to meet the information security requirements of its business, the customers, and other interested parties.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 Certification?
- Supports strategic objectives of an organization
- Satisfies the information security concerns of customers and other interested parties
- Protects and enhances the reputation and credibility of an organization
- Creates a competitive advantage to get more business
- Demonstrates proactive control of information security risks effectively and efficiently
- Addresses information security vulnerabilities
- Helps to fulfill the compliance obligations relevant to information security
- Helps to achieve information security objectives
- Helps to identify and meet the expectations of interested parties
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Secures exchange of information
- Develops a culture of information security
- Demonstrates “Due Diligence” to create a legally defensible position against possible lawsuits